Monday, November 22, 2004

it shall come to pass....

i don't know what prompted me to ask for exorcist-the beginning... especially after i had taken tom hanks'ladykillers. but that's me and horror movies. i can't ever turn down any of them. no matter how silly or how trashy. like the last flick vaastu shastra which i chanced to catch on my cable. it had its moments but the end was a hodgepdoge of bodysnatchers meets the others meets sensational sush. ok, so now i am deviating. back to the beginning or rather the prequel to exorcist. i slid it into the player at 10.45 PM right after the 2nd instalment of ZMZ Temple of doom. at exactly 11.45Pm i decided to end my ordeal. first i got scared, then i got chilled, 45 mins through the film i was convinced i would never 1) take a trip to cairo 2)pick up objects from the ground 3) laugh if i see hyenas.
one thing that really rattles me is the psychobabble that they use to scare you, what should be standing pointing upwards will be pointing down, kids will get possessed, and priests will kiss women.
also not to forget, heads will spin furiously like tops. that is what did me in in exorcist I. it was the scariest most chilling moment i have ever encountered in my horror film fest to date.

No comments: