Thursday, May 18, 2006

dreams unlimited

Two films really got me thinking last week.
One was Requiem for a dream, the other The Sea Inside.
They were both so riveting that I feel it is not right for me to say anything about them just yet. they are both still sinking in.
The first one shocked me. it hit me right in the stomach.
the other, left me bedazzled.

i have never seen a more beautiful film perhaps. and it amazes me to say that maybe i never will?

The Sea Inside will always stay with me whenever i think about film making being intuitive. you just need to believe in what you are telling, and show it in a manner closest to your heart.

that's pure for me.

storylines:
requiem for a dream: it's the story of america and its addictions to a better life no matter what the price. it's not just the very young who are vulnerable here, but also the very old. finally it is about a descent into madness to keep addictions alive. at the cost of love, sanity, and most of all, self esteem.
shocking, scary, and absorbing!

the sea inside: don't think i can do justice with my five liners here, so i will not say much. it's the story of euthanasia, and a man bedridden for 28 years who tries to find somebody kind enough to kill him off! how he escapes from reality without moving an inch is a marvel to watch!

No comments: