Tuesday, March 23, 2010

shut shop

Let me first say that I love Leonardo diCaprio because he's an intelligent actor and does things to save the environment. I still love him after watching Shutter Island because I think he didn't quite expect the film to turn out the way it did. Did Scorsese know what the outcome was going to be? I don't think so, but getting back to the film-- it had a superb beginning and a lousy ending. The story revolves round an island for the criminally insane which is doing experiments on mad people a la Coma etc, and Leo poor boy goes to investigate. The film has a climax on the lines of Sixth Sense, with many juvenile sub-plots going on in between. Watch if you're a Leo fan and Scorcese buff. Don't watch if you're expecting something between the ears. Coz it all comes out a hodge podge of good bad and ugly!

2 comments:

Jan said...

My daughter was telling me about this movie only last week. Seems you both have the same opinion so I'll wipe it off my 'to-do' list

amr mettwally abd elhafeez said...

very impressive post
do not miss my post
http://earning-onweb.blogspot.com/2010/08/100-ways-to-increase-your-website.html