Wednesday, May 12, 2004

all the nice ones i know are single

Not so long ago, I was part of this elite group...more single than nice I might add, but very loyal to the cause. I was convinced that I would be single for the rest of my life so i went about getting organised read "Leave hometown, get place of my own, surround myself with pretty things, have a bottle of wine handy for depressing Sunday afternoons..." One day i got married. And now two years after that I still wonder -- all the men and women I know or rather most of them I wish to know today are all single. Late 20s/early 30s. Good looking, successful, single! The profile is oddly similar. All of them, are in love with the idea of Love but haven't had the time to find it. They all want loyalty, companionship, compatability... but instead encounter loudmouths and losers. Unfair? You tell me.
They say there is that exact moment in time when everything just falls into place, till then, all you can do is enjoy the stillness! But then again, you will never know the stillness until its gone.
Footnote: Barring 2-3 dear friends, all the married people I know are stuffy and extremely condescending. Who do I think are the happier ones... my single friends or this bunch? I don't think you need an answer to that!

No comments: