Thursday, June 03, 2004

gay fest

Taking off from an ongoing discussion I have been following on "gay morals etc", I wanted to say that men having sex with other men or wanting to have sex with other men is even more common than divorce today. Nobody talks about it but 2 out of 5 guys I have spoken to have had some gay encounter in their lives. Some of them as kids, some of them in boarding, some of them as consenting adults. Most of them look at it as another of life's experience and move on, others take to it as a fish would take to water and become closeted gays. Some of them go on to get married until such time as the truth comes out and they have to end the farce.

What is disturbing is that a lot of gays -- I hear-- are closeted paedophiles too. This is when it becomes a morality issue I think.

Otherwise who cares about sexual orientation today? I have been part of Mumbai's glam world as a journalist and know for a fact that quite a few models/actors/directors/artists are bisexual or swinging both ways. As one gay puts it,"The prettiest boys in the world are gay. That's because they are perfect and are naturally attracted only to perfection which you can only find in another good looking man..."

I am at a loss for words at this point!!

No comments: