Wednesday, June 09, 2004

in touch

what do people mean when they say "stay in touch"... i have never ever understood this phrase. Does it mean keep calling/emailing/smsing jokes..what? All my friends say "you never keep in touch". But for me keeping in touch is being able to pick up from where you left off in the blink of an eye...

This means I may not call someone up for months but the minute I meet them I know exactly whether they've been happy or sad all that time. For me that's "keeping in touch".

Over time I have come to realise that I don't have the patience to pick up the phone and "chat". I am not a "chatterbox" though I do end up having my best conversations on messenger...

Strange!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

"Friendship is when silence is tolerable"

Kraz Arkin said...

hey mich,
glad to see that my suggestion is there in ur top 100 (that too at number 2). as far as i know keep in touch is a polite way of saying "yeah ok bye". coz people who you would keep in touch with wouldnt have to say it.

mich said...

You know there comes a time in one's life when you have to take stock of friendships and decide which ones are dear to you and which ones can be dispensed with.

It isn't easy to do this but one way to look at it is that the "keep in touch" ones will have to go!!