Monday, June 07, 2004

speak up

Sunday morning I woke up and there were speakers taller than me in my living room. SO naturally I am back to listening to music. And I don't mean listening to it while I surf or bathe or cook. I mean sitting down, putting on soft lights, closing your eyes and letting the sound waft towards you. Its been a while since I did that. Somehow I am always multi-tasking while I listen to music and if there's nothing to do I immediately switch on the TV. The latter will have to take a backseat now. Music is enlightening and opens the mind to countless creative ideas.... unlike the television I watch!!

And while I am at it I plan to compile a list of my 100 favourite songs of all time right here. The link on the right is not in order of preference...

100 favourite songs of all time-
First entry-- I wanna know what love is - Foreigner

7 comments:

Kraz Arkin said...

everybody hurts - REM n U2? is that there. yeah plz put up the whole list soon.u write so i am assuming u like reading as well.i wrote something but would like someone whos in the biz to take a look at it. if you wouldnt mind, can u plz take a look at my blog.

VM said...

Definitely, a list of your favorites would be cool. It'll enhance my list of favorites too :D and hopefully add to the artists I listen to. I had completely forgotten about foreigner until I read you post. Got to look for the song somewhere.

Listen to Dreams-Cranberries, its wonderful :">

Sinoj Mullangath said...

I wont be talking to you if the list doesnt have Brothers In Arms - Dire Straits, Dust In The Wind - Kansas, Stairway To Heaven - Led Zepp, With Or Without You - U2, Still Loving You - Scorpions or Kitu - Deepak Ram.

Sinoj Mullangath said...

You made me think about my all time favourite list. Since I listened to these most in college, this may sound like a college party request list. But here goes:

01. stairway to heaven - led zepp
02. layla - derek & the dominos
03. dust in the wind - kansas
04. comfortably numb - pink floyd
05. still loving you - scorpions
06. brothers in arms - dire straits
07. smoke on the water - deep purple
08. light my fire - doors
09. wish you were here - pink floyd
10. nothing else matters - metallica

11. smells like teen spirit - nirvana
12. satisfaction - rolling stones
13. with or without you - u2
14. black - pearl jam
15. hotel california - eagles
16. final countdown - europe
17. i want to break free - queen
18. wonderful tonite - eric clapton
19. imagine - john lennon
20. drive - cars

Anonymous said...

Are you saying that your No. 1 favorite song is "I Wanna Know What Love Is"? Never felt that it was stronger than say, "Lady In Red" or "Stand By Me". Or is Foreigner just the first entry in your list?

mich said...

The songs are NOT in order of preference...

Kraz Arkin said...

thanx mich.